Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stars of the Week (October 29 - November 4)

I know, I know, I should just change the title of this blog to Stars of the Week, haven't done much else lately. Please pardon me! I've been feeling under the weather for the past couple of weeks but now I'm feeling better and I've been working on new recipes. Coming soon!!!

Before I start my weekly recap, I just want to mention that my wonderful hubby, Steve, woke me up with a delicious breakfast this morning - coffee, bacon and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes by Elly Says Opa! (featured two weeks ago on Stars of the Week). He didn't make the filling (which I'm sure is the best part) because he knows I'm on Weight Watchers and weekday pancakes and bacon were already pushing the envelope! But no regrets, these pancakes were well worth the points! They are stiff competition to our current favourites, Buttermilk Chai-Spiced Pancakes and Yogurt Pancakes, thanks to their comforting cinnamon taste and their velvety texture. YUM!

Now on with the show:

Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Walnuts and Balsamic Vinegar by Daily Unadventures in Cooking

Yes, I'm featuring brussel sprouts. They sound delish. And besides, veggies are good for you. So there. (Don't mind me, I'm feeling petulant.)



Caramel Walnut Brownies by Sassafras Cafe



Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad with Warm Goat Cheese & Honey Mustard Vinaigrette by Luna Cafe

I'm not a big fan of goat cheese (okay, let's be honest, I hate it) but if I did like it, this recipe would be a winner. I love the idea of roasted vegetables in a salad and I will try that concept shortly. Perfect for fall!



Lobster Mac and Cheese by Time in the Kitchen

Lobster + Mac and Cheese = JOY and angels singing



Crayon Cookies by Beach Vintage

Warning! Do not eat these cookies!!! Seriously, how cool are these?! I wish I knew a kid I could make these for!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so going to try the crayon thing with my nieces !!!!!!! I'll keep you posted !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there.. thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is absolutely great, your food is to DIE for and your photography is amazing too!

    What kind of camera do you use?

    Always nice to 'meet' a fellow Ottawa blogger I'll be following you from now on also!

    Ok, that sounded stalkerish.. but you know what I mean! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do Sylvie!

    Amy: Haha, I know what you mean. Thanks for visiting! I use a Canon Rebel XTi.

    ReplyDelete